The Aquadex FlexFlow®
Aquapheresis therapy, delivered by the Aquadex FlexFlow system, uses a simplified approach to ultrafiltration for the removal of salt and water in patients with hypervolemia, or fluid overload. Compared to renal replacement devices used for ultrafiltration, the Aquadex FlexFlow system is smaller and more portable.
Physicians can specify and adjust the exact amount and rate of fluid to be removed from each patient, resulting in a gradual reduction that has been shown to have no significant clinical impact on blood pressure, heart rate, or the balance of electrolytes (e.g. sodium, potassium, etc.) in the body.
- Allows a medical practitioner to specify the amount of fluid to be removed from each individual patient
- Aquapheresis therapy can be performed via peripheral or central venous access
- Console provides highly automated operation with only one setting required to begin
- Utilises a single-use, disposable auto-loading blood filter circuit that facilitates easy set-up
- Console guides medical practitioner through the setup and operational process